The count-down begins
Over the half term break a free, comprehensive King Lear text guide came out, with everything A Level English Lit. students and teachers need to ensure exam success.
Now, as revision starts to get serious, help is at hand again in the shape of Teachers’ worksheets on King Lear.
Worksheet contentsThe six Crossref-it worksheets contain material for a number of lessons focused on Shakespeare’s tragedy. Accompanied by supplementary student handouts, they cover areas such as:
- Exploring the characters and themes established at the play’s opening, particularly the parent-child theme
- Analysing the dramatic impact of Act 3 Scene 2.
- Considerations of key themes in the play, for example
- Love and relationships
- Seeing and blindness
- Madness, wildness and disorder and how they connect
- Exploring the impact of the final scene (Act 5 Scene 3) and the play’s sense of justice.
Teaching varietyEvery worksheet contains a variety of teaching approaches, including:
- An opening exercise - to help student engagement
- Textual examination of key passages
- Discussion ideas - to deepen understanding
- A recreative task - to help make connections
- Critical tasks - enabling traditional essay practice
- Extension tasks - to widen knowledge.
Student helpIt’s not just teachers who will find the worksheets helpful. As a student preparing to be assessed this summer, you might just be starting to panic as you uncover any gaps in your notes / understanding / lesson attendance. Trying downloading and working through a worksheet and you will end up with lots of helpful ideas to throw back at the examiner.