New, free, online text-guide on Shakespeare’s classic tragedy
If you are studying:
- A level English Literature with
- AQA (A or B)
- Cambridge International
- A level English Literature and Language with
- Cambridge Pre U English Literature
chances are you will encounter Shakespeare’s Othello.
And if you want to get the most out of the play, as well as do really well when it comes to exam time, then you need to know that a new, free, online text-guide will make all the difference.
Here’s some real help
Launched this week, the www.crossref-it.info guide to Othello contains not only the usual scene-by-scene synopses and commentaries but lots more:
- The guide takes you through the key themes of the play, the imagery Shakespeare develops, the way roles are characterised through relationship, action and language.
- There are sections dealing with what was going on in the society Shakespeare wrote for, as well as what they thought and believed, so that you can make connections with the text and see how the playwright played with the contemporary attitudes and culture of his audience.
- There are also sections about how the play was structured, how it would have been staged in Shakespeare’s day and the way critics approach it now.
All this appears alongside handy advice on how to write essays at Advanced Level. And be assured - all Crossref-it.info guides are written by experienced UK teachers and examiners, who know the best help to give students.
Let us know
We hope you will like it. Why not have a look at the Othello text guide and tell us what you think?